The change of Registrant (below
also referred to as owner) of a .ES domain name can be carried out by the current
owner from the provided password protected area of the Registry website, using
the ID code of the owner,
or rather the Nic-Handle or Identifier and Password.
How to proceed
1. Get the ID code
- Log in at: http://www.dominios.es/dominios/en/busca-tu-dominio
- Enter the .ES domain name
- Click on SEARCH
- By clicking on the details of the Registrant you will see the Identifier code, e.g.
The Password can be requested by
the Registrant or by the Administrative
Contact Person from the following page: https://www.nic.es/sgnd/contacto/passRecoverInicializar.action?request_locale=en
and will be sent by email at the
email address of the Registrant, from the following sender address: 'email@example.com'.
2. Create a contact person for the new Registrant/Owner
- Proceed from the following page:
- Select the Registrant type (Person or Legal Person)
- If the new Registrant is not a Spanish citizen (NIF/NIE),
- Enter the VAT Number or National ID Number depending
on the Registrant type.
After completing the above the new contact will be
displayed and, as for the old contact, the Password will need to be requested, which will
be sent to the indicated email address.
3. Access the .es domain management section
- The current Registrant needs to log in the .es domain
management section using his/her login details, at: https://www.nic.es/sgnd/login.action?request_locale=en
- Click on the “Domain Transfer Request” option found
in the menu on the left
- Enter the required following details:
DOMAIN NAME: domainname.es
NEW REGISTRANT: new Identifier
NEW ACP: usually the Admin
Contact is the same as the new Registrant. If the new registrant is a company, enter the name and
surname of the Legal Representative.
- Enter the given code
- Click on CONTINUE.
4. Send the ID card of the current Registrant
Click on Proceed without electronic DNI/Certificate,
which allows you to send a copy of the ID card.
A summary page will appear with the details of the
request you are making.
The process must be completed within 10 DAYS from the
date of submission to the NIC.ES Registry.
current Registrant will receive confirmation of delivery of the request to the Registry.
Example of confirmed delivery
6. Once the
current Registrant has accepted the request, the new Registrant will have 5
days to do the same, before the request is cancelled. He/she will
receive the following email:
Example of email received by the new Registrant
on CONFIRM a new page will
open requesting confirmation.
7. After confirming
the change of ownership (by clicking on ‘confirm’ and on ‘yes’ where requested) you will need to indicate
the TC (Technical Contact) and the IC (Invoicing Contact). We recommend that
you enter the id of the new Registrant.
8. Last of all:
- Select the Registrar option (NOT End User)
- Select TUCOWS
- Indicate the Aruba Dns in the provided spaces
- Enter the Captcha code* shown at the bottom of the
submitting the request to the Registry, the applicant will receive confirmation
of a successful or failed application.
Said confirmation must also be sent to Aruba, together
with the request for change of login and password, change
of billing details and change of contact email address, if required.
SENDING THE DOCUMENTATION
required documentation can be sent by either:
- Opening a Ticket, through which you can send a scanned copy of the documentation.
- Sending a fax on
the number +39.0575.862100
* Code with distorted and twisted
letters or numbers displayed on the screen.